printing digital pictures

---------

From: Amanda Linn (toasterart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 13:59:34 PDT

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions on photo
paper. I ordered some paper from the Red River paper
company. Very quick service. Good prices.
Now a question about printing...
I have a HP 932C Deskjet printer. I am using the
recomended settings from Red River for the photo
paper. I am using images I took with a 35mm SLR,
scanning them in, editing with Adobe Photoshop. I am
not trying to make huge enlargements...but when I
print the photo "looks" a little digital. Meaning the
sharpness is weak in places, some weird color flecks
here and there...
I sometimes use the blur filter to soften this effect
but that doesnt always work.
I have looked at a lot of web resources. I thought
someone might have some more information.

Thanks for all the help. I feel guilty that I havent
given back much to the list lately. Besides sneaking
in a photo project or two I am IMMERSED in the end of
grad. school. My degree will be in Teaching,Learning
and Leadership. It is totally performance based. I am
preparing a portfolio now. It is sort of a new degree
I think. If anyone is considering a program of this
type I will be glad to email with you :)
thanks in advance for the help.

Amanda

=====
"every saint has a past- every sinner a future"
Oscar Wilde