Re: "school appropriate"

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 08:08:00 PDT

like hats, for instance. I also don't
make the students recite the Pledge of Allegiance -- is this bad?
Hats being worn in the classroom is a hot topic in our school. Most parents
in our district have them on as they walk into our school.. they never take
them off even when they walk into the classroom. And obviously the students
see this and will defy you "why should I take my hat off when the parents
have them on" I get this all the time..or.. "wearing my hat doesn't affect
my work" My principal wants a NO wearing of hats policy. I will follow the
rules set forth by our leader..
I am at the high school and the Pledge of Allegiance is not an issue as we
don't recite
Wayne S