Re: "school appropriate"

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 05:26:01 PDT

> We tell them EXPRESS YOURSELF,
> then put limits on what they may say, but I like my job and want to keep it.
> The kids understand if I put I this way.

There are lots of limits I impose on my students before we ever get
to creating art. The school tells them what to wear so I wear the
same thing even though I deplore uniforms. I limit what they can say
and do in my classroom. They are not allowed to cuss or call others by
racial slurs. They can't smoke or drink and they get in trouble if they
say "NO" to me. Freedom of expression is very restricted in my art room.

Is any of this part of the question about being "school appropriate" ?
                                                                        Woody in KC

--
This one soars: