Re: Fwd: Re: keeping entertained

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 20:49:50 PDT

I hate when people touch other's artwork!!!!! I hated it when I was in high
school and college (yes, even college!) and I refuse to do it to my
students. I love the idea I got from this list last year about using tracing
paper - now I cut an entire pad at the beginning of the year. Then, when a
student is having trouble visuallizing a specific technique then I can
actually show the student the proper way without actually working on the
student's artwork.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> It does happen . Teachers working on students work. This last
> year as I was doing walk throughs on some of my art teachers, I
> constantly found one teacher who would sit at a students desk
> for 15 minutes ( not making this up) and work on that students
> work. I found myself walking around helping the rest of the
> students, out of habit. This teacher is no longer with us. I
> ended up taking the one conference period I had( our teachers
> have two) and sitting in her classroom all the time just to
> document and help the students.

---