re: I'm done

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 21:38:15 PDT

I always have crits during the project where the student stands up in front
of the class, declares the thesis statement and then talks about what they
have done and what they intend to do. The kids then ask questions, and
support each other. When they think they are 'done' they must again
declare, and then submit to a final critique of their peers and me. We
usually tell them they are not done with a variety of questions and
suggestions. The process whittles down to where we have exhausted all
avenues, and then 'yes' they are done. They have learned over the years not
to say they are 'done' until THEY have exhausted all avenues, and then they
submit to our crits.

Works for me.

San D

---