Re: keeping entertained

---------

From: A msg from Colette (emeraldeyes64_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 15:36:30 PDT

Re: keeping entertained

I Just have to add my two cents in. First, I would like to thank everyone
who regularly contributes to this list. I just finished my masters in art
ed this spring. I can truly say that I have learned as much over the past
year from all of you as I did in my grad program. (I wasn't a teacher before
grad school)

Secondly, when I did my student teaching, in an elementary school, my
cooperating teacher, and later I, didn't have a moment to take a breath all
day. Forget about sitting down and doing work of any kind. I then moved on
to my high school placement. I had heard such great things about this
teacher "she gets such good work from her students" etc... I found out when
I got there she didn't spend her time working on her own work. She spent
her time working ON her student's work!!! She was such a "fabulous" teacher
that she and her portfolio students would go to the weight room and work out
3 times a week! She was such a fabulous graphics teacher that even though
she had 6, G4's in her class she would not allow the students to use them.
Ever. (no, I am not making this up) LOL! What an eye opener! Ok, so I
learned how not to run a high school program. It wasn't an entire waste.

Thanks again for all of your contributions. I hope I will soon be able to
pass on some of the knowledge I acquire working as an art teacher to other
"newbie's"
Colette