Re: Fwd: How to folder/portfolio

---------

From: Jackie Aust (ja1997_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:45:20 PDT

I have done portfolios several different ways,
1. Students bring two pieces of posterboard to school, tape
three sides, work slides in.
2. Big roll of white paper, rolled off paper to make a 20" x 36"
paper envelope, with a flap, name on the flap.
3. I gave students extra credit if they took the first two weeks
and completed a homemade portfolio at home, some really nice
ones here, I would not accept bought portfolios.
4. For my advanced class, one year a great friend of the family
worked for a bakery. They donated the large cake boxes, we
added the handle, and they were kept in that.

Hopes this sparks some ideas.

"You can't climb uphill by thinking downhill thoughts."

unknown

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of
things, but their inward significance." ~ Aristotle

Jackie Aust

Director of Visual Art (K-12)
 Fine Arts Department Head-Bryan High
3401 East 29th Street