Re: Drawing and talking

---------

From: Deborah Gilbert (dngart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:12:40 PDT

on 7/15/02 1:00 AM, M. Dodge wrote:

> Lastly, =
> the reason you can not create art AND talk at the same time is because =
> these different actions are done in opposite sides of the brain. I prove =
> this to my students with some exercises from Drawing on the Right Side =
> of the Brain. It's a demonstration that makes them speechless ;)

Tell me more about this please. I do some of the exercises with my 4th and
5th graders and I stress the fact that talking virtually shuts off the
drawing side of the brain but I have never found an exercise in the book
that makes them say, 'Oh yeah, I see what you mean.' Which ones do you use?

Deborah in Colorado

---