Re: tissue paper

---------

From: Eric & Kris Holsen (holsenek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 10:56:22 PDT

Hey Jackie,

I have done a lot of "painting" using layered tissue paper or crumpled
tissue paper for a stained glass or sculptured look. They make great
portraits - layering adds cool dimension. Sometimes my students would leave
the paper on and sometimes they woudl remove it, in effect, painting with
it.

Anyway, as for painting with tissue paper, my intro to these lessons was to
make a color wheel with tissue paper layered to mix the colors. I found out
by accident and quite to my chagrin that not all my tissue paper was willing
to bleed enough to make it work! So - beware the phantom bloodless tissue!

Good luck!

--Kris

--
Kris Holsen