Re: "Why don't you help me?"

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 07:28:16 PDT

What a perfect opportunity for you to explain to that parent that you are
teaching critical thinking skills and that the little darlin just hasn't
quite mastered these skills. I would also let that child know that yes, I am
the teacher, and yes, I do know. Then I would remind them that we have
covered all the technical information for the assignment, and obviously that
child wasn't listening, but I would be more than glad to cover it again at
3:30. There is no way I would allow a child to talk to me that way and not
respond! :-)
~Michal

> I'm sure anxious for you to find out and tell me!"... I have a couple of
> students that would respond with "your the teacher you are suppose to
know"
> and will go home to tell their parents.. "the teacher didn't know." I will
> recieve either a call from the parents or will be asked about this
incident
> at parent teacher conferences.
> Wayne S

---