Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: "Why don't you help me?"

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 20:36:39 PDT

If a student truly doesn't know what to do next then I'll show/tell/explain
to them. However, there is always that one student who seems to believe that
if he/she thinks for themselves then they will use their daily quota of
thoughts for the day. These students I will look at them and exclaim "I
don't know, but I'm sure anxious for you to find out and tell me!".
Eventually the student improves - either they give up and decide it's easier
to just think for themselves, their self-confidence rises from having
personal success, or they transfer to an "easier" class where they truly
believe "Mrs. So-and-So doesn't make us do ANYTHING!"