Re: tissue paper

---------

From: wjb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 19:40:13 PDT

> . Has anyone every worked with tissue in this way
> and if so, would you mind sharing your lesson, what you worked
> on as a base surface, and how you applied the tissue.
>

> Did this when teaching El school art.

Floral techniques with watercolor paper and brushes. Used both glued down
surface and pulled out the color with water. Can dry the painting and use a
pointalilt technique as well as a printing technique with the wet tissue.
just one word of caution--Colorant in the tissue is very unstable--will get
all over kids fingers and clothing--I used disposable hospital tongs and
tweezers (freebies) for kids to hold the tissue with.
Thay thought this was very scientific and cool--got some graeat results. Kids
then drew into their pieces with pen and ink.
hope this helps,
Gelato

---