Re: Fwd: Re: "keeping entertained..."

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 16:50:26 PDT

"Jackie Aust" <ja1997@bryanisd.org> wrote
It is really funny when you have a great class, the assistant principal
comes in and wants to know where the teacher is

Jackie, that is so funny- I do that all the time! Since most of my kids are
bigger (and some older looking than me), it takes visitors a while to find
me- especially when I particularly want to avoid someone. Seriously, I
usually sit down at the tables with my students for at least 30 minutes a
day and then circulate. Sometimes they need my help and sometimes I can work
on something else while I'm there. We just chat while we work. I wish I
could do my own work during the school day. I'm a great multi-tasker for
most things but I need my music, my space, and no company (I think that's
the only child in me) to do my own paintings. I also use that independent
time to do administrative duties like San D said- checking e-mail, taking
attendance, and writing little comments on those god awful progress reports.

I also want to piggy-back on what Teresa said that Jayna must be an
excellent manager and teacher to be able to have a little extra time to
"entertain" herself. Jayna- whom I've affectionally nick-named the Art
Queen- is incredibly organized, super energetic, and gets you inspired just
being around her. This list is fantastic because it's so diverse with so
many teaching styles- no need to defend yourself Jayna!

Michelle H. Harrell
http://harrell.srhs.net
michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com
Southeast Raleigh High School