Possible Job Opening Richmond/Rosenburg Texas

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 12:29:00 PDT

Hi,
        I was at an in-service earlier this week. Another staff member
attending the in-service mentioned our art teacher quit, to take a job
nearer her home. She did not think it had been filled, yet. Our school
is in Richmond/Roseburg, Texas (Fort Bend County West of Houston on 59
aka Southwest Freeway)

        Our principal and assistance principal are very supportive of
staff members. They do as much as they can to back up discipline in the
classroom. Also our principal has an art background (music) and knows
how much all forms of art benefit students. I don't know what the art
budget was last year. I do know that our principal had the room
renovated last summer to include some more storage and a sink. Also when
I need supplies, I usually get them quickly, if I don't it is because
the warehouse is out. We are a total Title I school, which means we have
access to additional money. Teachers usually get a positive response to
requests that benefit students. Oh you won't have classroom teachers
asking for supplies, the office keeps 2 closets of school/office
supplies including paint, crayons, construction paper, and scissors etc
for the classroom teachers to use. I did borrow her paper cutter several
times because the workroom one was too small for my projects. She had
morning and afternoon duty supervising students going past her room into
the gym. The afternoon duty for her was probably 10 - 15 min just while
the different dismissal groups were moving around. Morning was from 7:00
- 7:30.

        Our school is a Recognized school and only missed Exemplary by
0.4 points. If you want more information e-mail be directly at
kherbert@houston.rr.com

        One other thing returning teachers report on 8/8/02. I think new
teachers (to the district) report on 8/6/02.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert

---