Re: "keeping entertained"

---------

From: Deborah Gilbert (dngart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 11:06:32 PDT

> How would I find time to do my own
> work...and keeping entertained- ha- are you kidding? How about you
> elementary school teachers- do you find time to do your own work to "keep
> entertained"? If so, please share the tips on how. I must be missing
> something or doing something wrong- LOL....
> Susan on Long Island

I'm glad you said this Susan - I kept checking to see if the contributors to
this thread were Middle and High School because I can't imagine Elementary
having much time on their hands. I have to admit that I can frequently get
4th and 5th graders on an independant work binge where I don't have much to
contribute but like you said, there is always something that needs tending
to or someone who needs help forming their idea. One of the things I like
about teaching elementary is that 1.) the kids still think I'm a magician
when I do things like changing red and yellow into orange, and 2). the days
fly by because I am busy from the time the first bell rings until the kids
are dismissed. My classes are always back to back and invariably I will
have a kindergarten class doing painting followed by a second grade class
doing printmaking !!

Deborah in Colorado

---