Re: "keeping entertained"-year round

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 08:28:18 PDT

Yes, Bunki, while you guys have a little bit of summer
vacation I keep on truckin'! We started our new year
Monday and we are rolling right along.
To answer your question, I am a twelve month employee,
with no breaks inbetween unless I take a vacation. I
took our paid holiday on the fourth and took a
vacation day on the fifth. We are only given four or
five days for a winter break around Christmas and New
Year's, so the other days when the school is closed I
have to take more vacation days, so the system is not
perfect. I do get paid for the extra two months of
work, though, so that is why I do it. Plus, my school
is the top ranked middle school in the county (test
scores), so it really is an excellent place to work.
So, no, no real time off, that's why I do take
advantage of a peaceful moment in the classroom when
all students are fully engaged and working
independently to "entertain myself".
Shame on me!

Jayna