Re: "keeping entertained..."

---------

From: M. Dodge (4boys_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 08:19:47 PDT

  Here's my 2 cents worth. Elementary teachers do not have to worry about being entertained because they never have time. My hat goes off to you who have this job. I tried it, and it was just not for me. I have 4 children of my own and did not want this amount of stress at work. I prefer middle and high school because there are those occasions when you do have time, because students are developmentally more mature.Lastly, the reason you can not create art AND talk at the same time is because these different actions are done in opposite sides of the brain. I prove this to my students with some exercises from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. It's a demonstration that makes them speechless ;) We do this in the first week of class so I can remind them later on that if they are talking too much they are not reaching t heir full creative potential.

---