Re: Fwd: Re: "keeping entertained..."

---------

From: Jackie Aust (ja1997_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 18:14:54 PDT

Being on both ends, the classroom visits and then the teacher
end, what I do to keep my self entertained is sit down with the
students at their desk and work. It is really funny when you
have a great class, the assistant principal comes in and wants
to know where the teacher is. So we told her one day, the
students stated that they have never had a teacher. The all
loved art and just got to work. The look on her face, it took
her 5 minutes to see me sitting amoung the students, you see, I
kept working on my painting behind the canvas and easel. That
was the fun side. But it really did happen one time when I was
visiting another campus, could not get back to my own campus in
time for 1/3 classes I teach. So this same assistant principal
finally got the work, and what did she find from my students,
they were all working. Oh! those are rare classes. Modeling is
the best and even when you sit among them and do your work, you
are modeling. From the observers stand point, just be among
your students, even if you are having fun, or that paper work
too.

"You can't climb uphill by thinking downhill thoughts."

unknown

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of
things, but their inward significance." ~ Aristotle

Jackie Aust

Director of Visual Art (K-12)
 Fine Arts Department Head-Bryan High
3401 East 29th Street