Re: "keeping entertained..."

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 13:14:33 PDT

Hi
  This is a good thread. I have always thought that teaching art is a
sensitive combination of hovering and ignoring. Usually I take the little
time I might find myself with and tend to all of those 'administrative'
duties I don't like to do, but have to do..i.e. progress reports, averaging
grades, grading sketchbooks, double checking attendance, scheduling
appointments, responding to notes from special ed, etc. BUT I must say I do
all of these things standing up and facing the class, with my eyes on them,
and my ears open. It's a talent ;-) In this way I can see that kid who
might be winding up to bean someone with an eraser, and get to him with a
casual "we don't throw erasers in the art studio" comment while I file the
dratted paperwork.

San D

---