Re: colored pencils

---------

From: Donald C. Arcement (arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 19:10:50 PDT

I have found that there are some very fine pencil sharpeners that already
have a cover on them. I don't think they cost too much, because I don't
hand the sharpeners out to everyone, not more than two to a table and I have
even been known to have the students sign-out certain art supplies in an
effort to keep better track of the supplies. I count the supplies before
they leave (while they are cleaning-up) and make sure I have the same amount
that I started with. This method helps me to be sure that my better art
supplies do not get stolen. I inform the students that this method helps me
because supplies are so expensive... they know what I mean ! The students
have been very good about getting things returned with this method.

Hope this helps,
Idus Arcement