Re: Saving gif to jpeg

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 05:00:23 PDT

One trick I have learned when saving graphics such as pictures of artwork or designs is to save it in a format that just about any computer can read. I save some large files in PDF format, which stands for Portable Document File. It is read with Acrobat Reader, which most computers have installed, or can install for free from the internet. Saving in this manner eliminates the problem of "layering" in graphics and is an accurate rendition in higher quality than jpeg. The image can be reduced in size, if necessary, before saving to PDF, but my advice would be to leave it alone, especially if you are going to print the image on
paper. The only problem I have encountered is that most PDF images saved in this manner are large files, and some won't save to a floppy, so you may have to burn the image onto a CD-R. I use PDF primarily to save large graphics that I wish to print elswhere. Some of you out there may have other tricks to share-I could use a few more!
Hope this helps.

Jerry

---