2 good new books

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 03:54:04 PDT

Someone mentioned the book "But is it Art?" by Cynthia Freeland. I checked
it out of my library and found it to be a delightful read. It's all about
art theory but is written in a very user friendly way. The author looks at
different ways to interpret a work of art and explains how controversial
contemporary works of art ( like Serrano's Piss Christ) can be considered
art. I really enjoyed it.
Also just found "Drawing School" by Ian Simpson which is a spin off the "The
Complete Drawing Course" mentioned a while back by some one on the list. I
love having time in summer to check out and read new books about art. I
should be reading novels, but can't seem to stay away from the art books--
Marian

---