sumi-e packet

---------

From: L. Horvath (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 18:48:43 PDT

<<What did you use as your resource to compile your sumie packet? Susan in =
Ohio>>
Susan,
I used the book "The Sumi-e Book" by Yolanda Mayhill. I used her illustrations as the basis for the packet, but I did my own illustrations using brush and ink, with boxes next to them for the students to emulate the brushstroke/picture. ( Hope this makes sense!) I photocopied the pages onto white cardstock, which held up much better to the wet medium.
-Lydia de Toledo

---