Re: Photocopying large images

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 15:14:07 PDT

I used to have the same problem with large images and copying them. I solved the problem by buying a decent digital camera, which takes high resolution pictures of any size you can throw at it! I then import the image into my computer and use a photo editor to process the picture. This will also eliminate the copyright hassle. Most cameras I am aware of use jpeg formatting automatically. If yours is gif, they can be converted by using an export filter and selecting jpeg. The secret to publishing these pictures is to resize the photo to a usable size before
trying to publish it to the Web. Around 300 pixels is fine. As far as printing the photos is concerned, my school has a color laser printer that does a marvelous job, but any good color ink jet can make acceptable prints, if you don't get carried away with size, that is. If you don't have good luck with this at home, save your jpegs at a better resolution, say 600 pixels, and put them on a disk, or better yet, burn the whole collection on a CD-R. Then take them down to Kinkos and let them print them for you! You can even go down to the local WalMart and have
them printed on the Kodak machines, if you don't mind spending an arm and a leg!!
Sometimes an upgrade of software will give you better options when it comes to processing and saving photos. I personally prefer Corel PhotoPaint, but Photoshop or other high-end processers will give you a lot of latitude and better products. Hope this helps,

Jerry

---