Re: photocopying large format

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 21:52:17 PDT

Please respect copyright laws.
Please investigate which images are available for use, which are not.
And don't assume you can be casual about an infringement. The laws are in
effect for a reason and as artists we should respect that reason. It is
becoming harder and harder to make distinctions about what is free use and
what is not. Our students are "lifting" all kinds of things all the time
and we need to not say it is okay to be a little "sneaky" with how we copy.

I'm sensitive because
I used to be a fabric designer. (Who knows any fabric designer names? who
cares?) I was interviewing someone for a position and in the portfolio was
one of MY fabric designs . I guess someone thought someone wouldn't know
but guess what--- what goes around really does come around.
A little cheating here a little cheating there and before we know it 4
billion dollars in unaccounted expenses .

Kinkos is trying to follow the law
I find it very curious that teachers of the arts are sometimes oblivious to
the reason and respect that copyright affords.

Just a thought

Patty

---