Re: Need advice-colored pencils

---------

From: ||LogoHouse.com|| (gosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 16:45:29 PDT

>>can you tell me if you keep them in the original box they come in or do
you put them in another container once you get them<<

Judy, Good question acutally, so I sent to the whole list....

I know some teachers that separate out the 24 pack pencil/crayon sets into
separate colors sets and stored in those plastic tubs that wipes come in or
the sterilite ones you get for 99cents at Walmart and such.
This eliminates the need for kids digging through the packs looking for
certain colors....Each box contains only one color, and for the early
elementary kids, it is also a good way of sorting colors etc. in a natural
skill activity..
And, the expectation is to make sure all the colors get back to the right
box. This also eliminates the search and destroy mission of some kids
rifling through boxs looking for peach.
This would even work at the upper grade levels also..Much easier to find
colors....

I will have to include a section in the site I am doing that is in works,
www.teachingart.info on 'secrets tips' etc.
Right now there is a preliminary page up, but none of the links are
working....

Gary O.

---