Re: photocopying large format

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:27:32 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: "Jackie Aust" <ja1997@bryanisd.org>
> Along these same lines, I would like to know what I can do to
> help have my photos come out clear. Sometimes I need to
> enlarge within a program to show on web site. When I enlarge,
> they come out scratchy looking. I use programs such as Photo
> Deluxe, etc. Any suggestions?
************************

When you scan, set your picture frame at a larger setting....for example
like 3x6 instead instead of 1x3. It's easier to downsize a scanned pic that
to enlarge and you save on quality. BUT...it takes more time to load when
someone's looking at your site so make sure you don't go any larger than you
HAVE to.

I'm also dealing with a scanner at school which ONLY scans as a gif. file.
Can't for the life of me figure out how to make it into a jpeg. file like my
home machine (which is on the fritz). I've had all sorts of tech wizards
tell me "do this" and "do that" but to no avail. I've banged my head on the
table MANY times over this problem. Anyway...gif. files seem fuzzy after
working on jpegs. Make sure yours are jpegs for cleaner pics.

Toodles....Bunki

---