Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: photocopying large format

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 08:24:38 PDT

Our local Kinko's has a large format photo copier called
a zoomer. It does poster sized work and is now self-service
in the Kinko's I go to. They sometimes are reluctant to
copy due to copyright infringement laws. Years ago I took a
photocopy of a drawing by Ben Shaun into Kinko's for
a poster sized copy. The young man said he could not do
it without a signed release from the artist. Rather than
tell him that the artist was dead, I explained that I
was going to use the image in direct, face to face instruction
in my art classroom. He replied, "Now I understand. He's
one of your students, In that case I can copy it." I kept
my mouth shut and just paid for my copy.
                                        Woody in KC

This one soars: