Re: suggestions?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 06:51:36 PDT

I assume you'll take the interstate across the state? The only thing I can think of that your children will like is maybe in Oakley where they have Prairie Dog Town. It's on the western edge of the state. For you, the artist, you will see some of the most magnificant prairie you can imagine. Once you pass Hayes look for the wonderful church towers in the small towns you'll pass. Have your children compare the size, shape, and structure of the elevators (large grain bins), and to see who can see the name of the town painted on the elevator first. (Games my folks used with me & my sister! *L*) See if they can identify the grains planted in the fields. Kansas has a unique beauty that many people don't understand - we have been compared as the dirt version of the ocean.
~Michal

  My family will be traveling westward next week. First night Kansas City, second night Pueblo, Colorado and three nights in Sedona, AZ.
  For those of you that live in those areas or have been there; what are must sees and do's for an artist/teacher a twelve year old boy and eight year old girl?

---