Franz Marc

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 23:19:42 PDT

I just finished creating the MOST beautiful power point presentation on
Franz Marc. I just love his work and I know my kids will too. I used his
expressive color animal art to inspire my students for that GORGEOUS glue
line drawing on black paper with chalk project. You can still see some of
the ones we did last year on our website, www.sjs.org, click on classes,
click on lower school, click on lower school art gallery if you don't know
what I mean. Gugenheim has some really interesting text about his
paintings, their meaning, his color symbolism, and the Bleu Reiter group.
 I can't stop looking at this!!! Can any of you think of any other
artists who use expressive color for animals?
Then again, his work is so beautiful I want to show all of them and my
kids might mutiny if I keep them from working too long. Maybe I should
just stick with him this time. I'm SOOO Looking forward to having my new
LCD projector next year. I actuallyl photographed ALL of my illustrative
material, catalogued it on a CD, and have been importing artist's works
into specific project folders on this CD since school was out. Between
designing jewelry on my computer to print out and etch (in photoshop) and
this Power Point Marathon, I've been Ms. Computer Geek Queen this summer.
It's nice to have the time to get me ready to not be so busy next year,
hopefully, though. ANd it's nice to have the time to THINK and make
connections. I also finished a still life Power Point, and a bunch of
others. Well, that's my OCD summer news! Oh, and I got a gallery for my
jewelry this week!

---