Re: INSEA

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 17:45:31 PDT

Just incase you didn't get the exciting InSEA information
http://wwwsavethedate.com/insea
I plan to go for at least one day:<)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MESSAGE TO NAEA membership FROM InSEA

In one wonderful week at the Times Square Marriott, in August, you can
talk to art education leaders from Finland, Nigeria, Chile, India,
Israel, Brazil, Croatia, Tiawan and Japan.

From August 19th to 24th, in New York City, you can enjoy children's
artwork from 13 countries, including USA. For two earmarked days you
can learn from 60 researchers as they explore InSEA's 31st World
Congress themes. You can chose from 110 fifty-minute workshops or 125
twenty-five minute presentations by distinguished colleagues from
around the world. You can revel in a performance at Lincoln Center,
bask in lush receptions, dine and dance at a gala banquet, delight in
the hospitality of USSEA, NYSATA, AENJ, PAEA at the National Museum of
the American Indian.

You can listen to Sharon Sutton, first female African American
professor of architecture, Laurie Anderson, premier performance
artist, Lowry Sims Stokes, Director, Studio Museum in Harlem, Maxine
Greene, renowned social philosopher, Kapila Vatsyayan, recipient of
India's highest national honor. You can join the former president of
InSEA, Al Hurwitz, with Judith Burton, Director, Art & Art Education,
Teachers College, Columbia University, Elliot Eisner, Professor,
Education & Art, Stanford University, John Steers, General Secretary,
National Society for Art & Design, United Kingdom and Ken Marantz,
Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University as they speculate about the
legitimacy of the continuing belief in the role of art in making a
more humane world.

Diederik Schonau, (Holland), President, International Society for
Education Through Art, believes this conference to be "one of the most
important events in the organization's history." You will renew old
friendships and make new ones. You can taste the excitement of the
art capital of the world : New York City.

SO, HOW CAN YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO MISS THIS CHANCE OF A LIFETIME?
 Reserve your place: http://wwwsavethedate.com/insea
or contact psahasre@optionline.net
        Sylvia K Corwin
University Council for Art Education
----------
>From: "Adriana Portella" <driportella@uol.com.br>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: INSEA
>Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2002, 12:35 PM
> Hi, friends!
> Who will be at INSEA (New York) in August?
> I will be with some brazilian friends, our presentation will be on Thursday
> and it would be great to meet some of the ArtsEdNet pals at the Conference!
> Let's have dinner together?
> Sincerely,
> Adri

---