Re: Frida directed by Julie Taymor

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 12:45:34 PDT

For those of you not familiar with Julie Taymor's work, her last film, Titus
with Anthony Hopkins was visually stunning if not distrubing in content
(Titus is violent).

Her Broadway work is of course Lion King, which after seeing 3 times, I
can't get enough of. (story line is predictable, but production values,
including puppets and actors bodies are breathtaking).
And she did a fabulous Lincoln Center production of Juan Darian the year
before the opening of Lion King that I saw, and knew her Lion King would be
magnificent.
(Not only directed but designed the puppets)

She has many other visually stunning productions under her belt, and is well
known for her dramatic use of color, line and form.The film will most likely
assault and delight the senses.

San D

---