Re: Teaching art in a Catholic school

---------

From: Steve (steve_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 16:26:07 PDT

on 7/7/02 9:43 pm, The Austin's at whest177@wheatstate.com wrote:

>> I recently accepted a position to teach art at a
>> Catholic school starting next year. However, having
>> only just finished my first year in the profession, I
>> have very little knowledge about how different this
>> will be from teaching in a public school. I know that
>> the pay isn't as good and that the rules about
>> religion in the classroom are different, but what else
>> should I expect? I also know very little about the
>> Catholic religion. I am planning to do a little
>> research on that before school starts. What I am
>> really looking forward to is fewer discipline
>> problems. My first year was pretty tough. I would
>> greatly appreciate any help that you could offer.

I do after school art clubs at a Catholic school, it's much the same as
another other school. Keep any religous views to yourself though it's not a
subject for debate, if you know what I mean.

I slip up from time to time, all you can do is say sorry and move on.

Yeah you won't have much problem with discipline, you may find this also
hinders some childrens self expression.

Steve
U.K.

---