Teaching art in a Catholic school

---------

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 13:03:32 PDT

Hello friends,

I recently accepted a position to teach art at a
Catholic school starting next year. However, having
only just finished my first year in the profession, I
have very little knowledge about how different this
will be from teaching in a public school. I know that
the pay isn't as good and that the rules about
religion in the classroom are different, but what else
should I expect? I also know very little about the
Catholic religion. I am planning to do a little
research on that before school starts. What I am
really looking forward to is fewer discipline
problems. My first year was pretty tough. I would
greatly appreciate any help that you could offer.
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Hutts