Job Negotiation Tips...Interview Questions

---------

From: Y.R. Brown (imaniyo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 22:30:15 PDT

Hello Folks,

I am in the process of interviewing for a new job and trying to decide
between schools in an urban school district, a suburban school and a rural
school district. Each school district has unique strengths and weaknesses.
The salaries being offered have small and large gaps (differences) and the
benefit programs are similiar. One example of the salary differential is in
the case of MA+15 at the suburban school is much higher than MA+30 at the
urban school.

What strategies can you all offer in negotiating the salary and benefits?
Have any of you negotiated for relocation money?
What other things would you consider in this process?

I am also open to suggestions on questions to ask the interviewers.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Y.R. Brown