RE: Slide Shows, PPt, and webquests

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 23:21:10 PDT

Hi Dawn,
Yes, you can take your word document and copy/paste it to make a PowerPoint
presentation. You mentioned a non-linear presentation. Again, yes, this is
very do-able with PowerPoint. It's a matter of making hyperlinks to slides
within the PowerPoint presentation, instead of to websites. One uses either
words, images or icons as a 'base' for the hyperlinks. In this manner, the
PowerPoint presentation will operate/navigate more like a web site or
HyperStudio presentation. I have my 7th grade computer arts students do a
big PowerPoint presentation about themselves, which includes a hyperlinked
table of contents. The table of contents allows viewers to jump to any
slide in the presentation.

You also mentioned seeing PowerPoint presentations on the web. Again, this
is actually pretty easy. In PowerPoint, there is an option under File>Save
As> that will let it be saved in a webpage format. (It was easier to do
(for me) with PowerPoint 97 but, now I do it with PowerPoint 2000.) Then
the web pages are uploaded to a host on the internet. Your school or
district's webmaster can help you with this.

-Alix Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA