RE: Slide Shows, PPt, and webquests

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 22:49:44 PDT

--- "Alix E. Peshette" <apeshet@pacbell.net> wrote:
> I can't imagine needing to be connected to the
> internet to play a CD that contains a powerpoint
> presentation. As for auto run CD; by my
> understanding, that will start a CD when it is
> inserted, but if the computer can't view PowerPoint
> presentations, due to lack of software, then it
still
> won't work.

I've ran across a couple of slide shows on the web
that looked like they had been created using
powerpoint while doing research. Have any of you
tried this?

I'm about to backtrack from the current flow of talk
and ask about a question I previously had about
webquests...

I had to create a webquest in Word for a course. At
the time it was my first experience with the concept
and I liked it, but now I really dislike the format
and wonder if, as long as the steps are there (Intro,
task, process, resources, evaluation, conclusion) -Can
it be created in powerpoint or hyperstudio? I like
the layout of the "page" that can be created so much
better, but wasn't sure if this word be an acceptable
way to present the activity. I think what I'm
referring to is considered a non-linear presentation.

Dawn