FRESH CUT: NEW MASTERS OF MEDIA

---------

From: Robert Fromme (rfromme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 17:20:20 PDT

Howdy, Artsednetters....

Here is a copy of a news release of a program which airs in on PBS in South
Texas on the 18th. Three of my students, animators, are included in the
project. If you are not in our area, you may want to call your local PBS
station and express an interest in seeing it. I believe KLRN will be glad
to help your local station if they have an interest in airing it. For those
of you who are in the area, we hope you enjoy the video and animations.
Most of the studnts are high school students in the San Antonio, area.

Bob

MEDIA RELEASE - July 3, 2002:

KLRN To Air FRESH CUT: NEW MASTERS OF MEDIA

KLRN is proud to announce a program that features video creations by
students throughout San Antonio. FRESH CUT: NEW MASTERS OF MEDIA airs on
KLRN, Thursday, July 18, 10:00 p.m.
Local students will screen and discuss their original work with host and
KMOL news anchor Randy Beamer. The pieces vary in length from 30 seconds to
10 minutes and range in genre from single-concept to drama to fantasy,
including computer-generated animation.
The video creations were produced by students and teachers from East Central
High School, Reagan High School, San Antonio College, North East School of
the Arts, The Design and Technology Academy, and Say Sí, a community based
arts program located at the Blue Star Arts Complex. FRESH CUT also
integrates work from the Youth Opportunity Program, a collaborative project
involving Alamo Workforce Development, Alamo Community College District, San
Antonio Independent School District, and Edgewood Independent School
District.
"It is gratifying to be able to showcase some of the outstanding work being
done by students and teachers in our community. They are mastering a
communication medium as fluid as the future itself," says CAM Messina, FRESH
CUT's producer and KLRN director of adult learning services.

---