Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Dealing w/a less than perfect physical teaching space.

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 12:51:20 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> Some suggestions:
> 5. As for a small budget, I have used a scavenger hunt at the beginning of
> the school year.
> Teresa in El Paso

This might sound tacky to you but give this idea a chance by visualizing in
your mind. When you start next year, ask for a wish list and include
mirrors. Mirrors on the wall seem to add "space" to a small room. Even if
you don't have large pieces of mirror, you can make a mosaic of broken
mirrors that could look super. It will make you room seem twice it's size.

You can also use them for self-portrait work if they are glued to the wall
low enough. Kids can stand/sit next to the mirrors and work on drawing

Work on your admins. to get light-painted walls and GOOD lighting. The
reflection from the mirrors will do wonders. Toodles....Bunki