Re: Barnes Foundation

---------

From: Rodney (rboville_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 15:10:47 PDT

I have recently returned from a trip to Philadelphia. I had the pleasure of
going to the Barnes Foundation. What an exceptional collection of art! It is
said to house one of the finest collections of French and early Modern and
Postimpressionist work in the world. I believe it! There were a huge a
collection of Ce'zanne, Renoir, Picasso, Degas and Rousseu to only mention a
few. And, an incredible amount of African Art. For any of you who live out
east, or are thinking of a trip there, this is a hidden jewel, in the midst
of a magnificent arboretum. A glorious gallery, housing this increddible
collection right in the middle of a very afluent neighborhood. A marvelous
There is a website at www.barnesfoundation.org whic will give you directions
cost ($5), reserved parking ($10). They are only open Wed., Thur., and Fri.,
they mention that this is due to being located in a neighborhood as opposed
to a commercial site. Absolutely incredible. Barbara in Green Bay, Wi.

---