Re: Dealing w/a less than perfect physical teaching space.

---------

From: Susan L. Sanders (slsandrs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 13:23:08 PDT

Dear Y.R. Brown

As a new curator in an university whose expenditures don't often
coincide with my ideas of what money needs to be spent on....I was given
a piece of advice that I have found, at least, up to this point that has
worked everytime. If you don't get a response from the first place you
ask, keep asking...sooner or later you will find someone in your school
who has the same issues, and wants to do something about it. I admit I
often feel like a perpetual complainer, but I keep knocking until
someone opens the door and at least listens to what I have to say.
Someone on your campus knows what the answer is; it's just finding the
right person who can do something about it. The other thing I do, is
pray, pray , pray. I figure if I hit them from both directions, sooner
or later somone has to answer me, just to get me off their backs.

Susan Sanders
slsandrs@memphis.ed

---