Re: Slide Shows and Power Points

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 13:01:37 PDT

Alix,
        Someone told me that powerpoints could be run without office,
but that one needed to be connected to the internet so a player
could be downloaded. I'm told that with "Auto Run CD" no connection
is necessary and it will run automatically by simply putting the disc in.
Am I being told right ? Woody in KC

"Alix E. Peshette" wrote:
> Hi Woody,
> Thanks for the techie info.
> I too have run into the problem of giving kids a burned CD of their
> powerpoint work and having them tell me that they don't have powerpoint at
> home. I did a little searching at Microsoft.com and found PC and Mac
> powerpoint viewers that don't require powerpoint to play. I use all PC's in
> my life, but here is the link to the Mac version of the viewer.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q183261
> Now, when I burn a CD for kids, I include these files for their use at home.

---