Slide Shows and Power Points

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 11:34:55 PDT

I have just begun to explore some ideas I picked up at the
NECC computer conference in San Antonio. If you are interested
in digital slide shows and power point presentations check these
two ideas out.

        I downloaded "Photo Jam Pro 3" from shockwave.com. I ordered
the Macintosh version for $34.95.
         http://www.shockwave.com/
        This is a very simple program to use.
It allows you to easily load jpeg pics, pick your back ground music, and
choose the style of slide show desired. It even allows you to save the
show for the web or to CD for a friend. So far my only problem is that
the other person must have Shockwave Player 8 to view the show. They
have to be on the internet to download that free from shockwave.com.
I just showed a "kaleidoscope" show of my triplets to them that had them
in stitches.

        I love making Powerpoints of students working but I know it would be
fruitless to send CD copies home if the parents don't have "MS Office".
I learned of an "Auto Run CD" program that allows you to burn a CD of
a powerpoint that will automatically run on any PC. The computer does not
need to have Office or be connected to the internet.
        http://www.soniacoleman.com/Tutorials/PowerPoint/acdpc_instructions.htm
My problem (at home) is that I create my powerpoints on a i-Mac using
Office 2001.
The "Auto Run CD" only works on a PC platform. So I can't download the software
yet or burn a test CD till I hook up one of the schools PCs. They give
you a free
trial copy then the full version cost $25. I also want to burn CDs of my
own
paintings to give to gallery owners so they can view my work on their PC.

        You might want to check these out. If you are already familiar with either
and can fill me in with any details contact me at mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com
                                                                        Woody in KC

---