Re: AARGHH! WATERED AGAIN

---------

From: Laurel (hals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 15:16:43 PDT

Dear Karen, I know what you are facing. I've taught 6 week exploratory
art for 7th & 8th graders for 4 years now and my 6th graders are going to
a 7 week exploratory session this next year. It's tough, I try to decide
exactly what I want them to leave MS with... Some may never take art in
high school so I try to keep projects short but intense. A good idea is
always to check with your hs program to see if they wish you to cover
certain areas. Since my 8th graders learn the clay wheel for the first
time and I only have 6 wheels (which gives 24 students 4 days each) I tend
to allow more independent contract projects at that level. If you would
like a quick "look-see" at my program, my web-page at the middle school
site (http://www.carroll.k12.ia.us) explains more, alas, not to the extent
that it should. You can also e-mail me for more info off the list at
hals@pionet.net.
Good luck, Laurel

---