Re: AARGHH! WATERED AGAIN

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 14:47:28 PDT

I don't have a solution to the reduced time frame you are up against.
I would suggest that you have a very serious discussion with whomever
makes this sort of scheduling decisions. As you well know, more time would
mean a better chance at a quality program. My main concern would be
to develop a consistent schedule from year to year. Continuity is so important
to develop a quality program. I wish you luck. I've been there myself.
When you loose something it's hard to get it back.
                                                Woody in KC

> Karen Chilman wrote:
> I have been asked again this year (last was the first) to teach art to
> my entire middle school. Last year I had 7th and 8th grade for 12
> weeks each (around 55 minute periods) and 6th grade for 3 weeks. It
> was my first go round with 6th grade, and with only 3 weeks, I was
> sort of at a loss at what to do...
> My 7th and 8th grade curriculum remained basically the same as the
> past 10 years (although I rarely teach the exact same thing twice)
> This year, I will have 6, 7 and 8 for only 6 weeks....any
> suggestions? Do I move some of 7th grade curriculum down to
> 6th....leaving more room for 7th and so forth. Or do I come up with
> new 6th grade stuff...and cram 7th and 8th grade in?

---