Re: lithography

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 02:38:15 PDT

on 7/1/02 9:58 PM, Alix E. Peshette at apeshet@pacbell.net wrote:

> ... In litho, there
> is a new product called Litho-sketch; which are paper litho plates. There
> are supposed to be great in the classroom (I haven't tried them yet.)

i think litho-sketch is what i used when i took a course on printmaking for
k-12 about 10 or 12 yrs ago and it would be great for the kids. if i
remember correctly, we just drew our design on the paper w/ a grease pencil,
inked the plate, and ran it through a press - maybe it was some special kind
of litho pencil. anyway, very easy to do.

does anyone know if daniel smith is still in business? they were a great
source for printmaking papers and supplies and published a wonderful
catalog. they were in oregon or washington state.

linda in michigan

---