AARGHH! WATERED AGAIN

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 15:50:56 PDT

I have been asked again this year (last was the first) to teach art to my entire middle school. Last year I had 7th and 8th grade for 12 weeks each (around 55 minute periods) and 6th grade for 3 weeks. It was my first go round with 6th grade, and with only 3 weeks, I was sort of at a loss at what to do...
I opted for 30,000 years in 3 weeks...we worked fast and everything was based on something in art history.
My 7th and 8th grade curriculum remained basically the same as the past 10 years (although I rarely teach the exact same thing twice)
This year, I will have 6, 7 and 8 for only 6 weeks....any suggestions? Do I move some of 7th grade curriculum down to 6th....leaving more room for 7th and so forth. Or do I come up with new 6th grade stuff...and cram 7th and 8th grade in?

---