RE: lithography

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 06:58:19 PDT

Hi,
Yes, you need multiple plates to do multiple colors. Litho doesn't work as
a resist, the drawing medium on the stone attracts and holds the ink.

Be aware that many traditional printmaking techniques use toxic chemicals.
There is a movement in printmaking towards safer chemicals. In litho, there
is a new product called Litho-sketch; which are paper litho plates. There
are supposed to be great in the classroom (I haven't tried them yet.)

Here are some links to info on printmaking.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz489/02/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=1792

http://members.tripod.com/~qaart/printmaking.html

http://www.philaprintshop.com/whataprt.html

-Alix Peshette