lithography

---------

From: krista hagan (khagan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 05:41:35 PDT

I was wondering if anyone on the list had any info/experience with
lithography. I'd really like to try it this summer and I know the basic
idea of it, but am not quite sure how to get started. One thing that is
confusing me, is that in order to do several colors, it appears you need
to do several plates. If it works as a resist, why can't you do as many
colors as you want, ink it up, and then print? As you can see, I'm a bit
confused. Do I need any specific chemicals? Some web sites mention
chemicals, some don't. I looked on the web and basically kept finding
the same descriptions.
Usually when someone on list explains something, it makes a lot more
sense.
Thanks!
-Krista

---