Re: Re:art and fear 1-3

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 04:21:10 PDT

After reading the 1st three chapters, I have been waiting for a
discussion...however, I made a "pact with myself" this summer to do more
work for me....so I set a goal of 10 large watercolor paintings. I'm almost
finished with the 4th one and have done several small ones. I set up a good
area in my house for a studio and I can leave my supplies out. It makes it
much easier to go do some work each day. Once I get started, I'm
fine....don't want to stop.
Carolyn Roberts

> Well, book-clubbers, I don't see any postings yet. Those 1st 3 chapters
had
> me squirming, but the statement: "Quitting is fundamentally different
from
> stopping." kinda let me off the hook. Since I began teaching art two years
> ago, I virtuallly stopped doing art. Since then, I haven't done one
really
> good painting. Recognizing this is a bit motivating for me. I finished
one
> painting last week and started another.
> Susan in OR

---